Friday, January 15, 2010

#38: Psalm 139:13-18

I love waking up to texts with good news! On New Year's Day my friend Erin texted me in the morning to call her. When I did, half asleep, she told me she was engaged! A great start to my new year :)

This morning I got a text from my friend Jewel at 5:30 in the morning saying that she was on her way to be induced at the hospital. I probably misspelled every word when I texted her back in my grogginess. 

I am so proud of Jewel. It has been a joy to encourage her throughout her pregnancy. She really wanted a natural birth, but this morning she was induced because she is 2 weeks late. Through it all, despite the waiting and discomfort, she has shown trust in God's sovereignty. She has been joyful in the midst of uncertainty and she has run to God with her concerns and fears. It has been a privilege to see her go through this, and I haven't been so excited for a birth of a baby since the birth of my nephew last year! 

Please pray for Jewel and that her labor would start and end quickly. Please pray for Jason and Jewel's mom as they support and assist her. Please pray for a presence of peace in her delivery room. Please pray that Baby Peach would come into the world safely and healthy. 

I posted these verses almost a year ago after my nephew was born. In honor of his 1st birthday on Monday and of Baby Peach's birth, I am posting them again. 

Psalm 139
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul 
     knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven                                            in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them,                                               the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you

I am organizing meals for Jewel through my caregroup, if you are interested in being on the schedule, please email me!

C'mon Baby Peach Pit! Wonderful parents and a life full of adventures are waiting for you :) 

No comments: