Tuesday, January 5, 2010

#36: Semper Fi

Today my little brother is deployed to Afghanistan. He is apart of the new surge and it's almost certain that he will be in combat. He is a machine gunner. I am very very proud of him and for his service to our country. 

All of my life I have wanted to protect him. It's hard knowing that there is nothing I can physically do to help my little brother. The next 7-9 months will be a test of my trust in God. 

Jeffrey is not saved and I think that is the thing that scares me the most. My prayer is that the Lord would open his eyes to behold wondrous things in His law. 

Psalm 20:5
May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners!

This is my prayer for Jeffrey, that one day we may rejoice in his salvation. 

If you think of it, please pray for Jeffrey's safety and for all of the men and women overseas. If you would like to write him a letter, I would be happy to give you the address. 

No comments: