Tuesday, January 12, 2010

#37: Just Being


This is post will be filled with random things. Things to do with daily life. Things to do with just
being

I want to do some posts about the holidays, but I am waiting for pictures. I have some, but I also want to get some from my mom, so stay tuned for those. 

The following is just little tid bits from my life, mostly today:

*Today I subbed in a class with unique names. Two that stood out to me were True and Jazz. They were both girls, and they were fighting all day. So maybe that's why they stood out to me...I kept hearing them over and over...

*I found this at Michael's today.
 
I love random stuff like this. Totally impractical. But unexpected enough to make me smile. Tulip packaging tape. Love it! I am looking forward to sending packages with this.

*I love dresses. Especially ones with pockets. This is something that many of you probably already know. I have recently bought 2 dresses at Target. A pink/grey one with pockets and a gold/black one with ruffles. 
 
*Last week I made two iPhoto photo books of our engagement and honeymoon pictures. It was so much fun! They are coming in the mail later this week, and I am very excited to get them. Just another reason why Macs are awesome :)

*Yesterday I got a calendar that I ordered from Etsy in my gmail. It was sold as pdf which is nice because I get to print it out on the paper that I like, print it out as gifts, and I didn't have to pay for shipping! I love the vintage images. 
    
The seller even sent me another calendar as a gift. I think it's really cute :) One of her Etsy sites, this seller has a calender with quotes that have "funny things kids say about love and marriage" and some of them are really funny! 

*Tonight I made gluten-free deep fried chicken tenders!
 
I am very proud of myself and so grateful to have eggs back. I looked at A LOT of recipes online and found a huge variety. So I ended up using gluten free flour, seasoned salt, and montreal chicken so that I wouldn't have to buy any spices or use a lot of ingredients. It was delicious and so quick with the deep fryer. Yay for eggs!

*For awhile now I have been meaning to make magnets for our refrigerator. I have saved a lot of different bottle caps to glue magnets to the back of but I had a hard time finding magnets the right size. I finally found a website that made some magnets that were thick enough, and I am looking forward to my little project. These are a few of my favorites. I love all of the colours!
 

*During my break I haven't read as much as I had hoped. I did buy Edith Wharton's Old New York with a gift card that I got for Christmas and I read it over a few evening. I really enjoyed it! It is four novellas about New York, one for each decade from 1840-1870. Just as I had finished that, my high school English teacher sent me a book in the mail. It is Salman Rushdie's Haroun and the Sea of Stories. So far I am loving it! It is a delightful read. 

*One of my best friends is overdue for having her baby...almost by 2 weeks. I am so proud of her for trusting in God. I am so excited to meet her little boy. I will end with part of a quote that I sent to her. From my good friend Charles Spurgeon:
"He who loved us from before the foundations of the world has immutably determined every step of our pilgrimage . It is a blessed thing, after you have been muddling and meddling with your anxieties, to throw your burdens on the Lord, and leave them there."

No comments: