Saturday, March 27, 2010

#39: Time Flies...

....when life is crazy!

So much has happened since my last post. I've given up on posting pictures and writing about our holidays. They were lovely and so much fun for our first year married :) The end.

On to the craziness of our life right now. Big things have happened since I last posted. I have been busy with school and work and Nathan has been very busy with work as well. When I think about the past two months 2 big things seems to overshadow eveyrthing.

Jeffrey is in Afghanistan and was a part of a big offensive in Marjah last month. I have been able to read reports about his company, and I have read many saying that his company had one of the toughest jobs. They were helicoptered into the middle of the town, amidst enemy fire, and were isolated for a few days before reinforcements could come. 8 men from his company were shot and 2 died over the course of the first week. The fighting has died down, but there is much left for them to do and the conditions are terrible. When I read articles about his company it all sounds like a movie. Except it's horribly real. I send packages regularly and pray constantly. I have heard no word for about a month, but I trust that the Lord is taking care of him and that His will is good.

The second big thing is that we bought a house! It all happened very fast, and I will have to post the timeline later. On Wednesday we will close on our first home :) It's exciting and surreal. It feels so grown-up. And I don't feel grown up! Our new home will be in Gainesville. I wasn't quite ready to move out that far, but the price was right, and the house didn't need any major repairs in order to move in. It was the first house we put an offer on and we got it! It's been incredible how smoothly everything has gone. Our only hitch was this week and we had to postpone our closing date. It was a very small bump in the road that was solved quickly. I love our little apartment and feel very sentimental about leaving. I am very excited for our new home and I can't wait to post pictures and to show you our progress as we move in and decorate.

On of the most fun things about moving is looking for things for our house. My next post will be about the bargains we've found. I have many projects ahead and can't wait to start!


No comments: