Thursday, May 7, 2009

#28: photographs

I've been pretty laid back with a lot of aspects about our wedding. One thing that was very important to me was the photography. I LOVE photographs. Absolutely love them. I think that photography is a beautiful art and I appreciate it deeply. It was very important to me to have photographs to capture our day. 

Enter: Lydia Hartnett :)

Lydia is a photographer from Maryland. When I asked my friend Beth, who also does photography, if she had any recommendations for me, she gave me Lydia's name. Beth took our engagement photos which I really loved and I'm using many of them as decorations at our wedding. I didn't want Beth to have to work during our wedding and so, she led me to Lydia. Lydia had just photographed Beth's brother's wedding. When I saw the pictures I immediately wanted Lydia to do mine. They were beautiful. They were personal. They captured the emotions of the day. They were just what I wanted. I love looking at her blog. She has done some beautiful weddings. 

Lydia was available the day of our wedding and I am thrilled!! 

She recently took pictures of my good friend Andrew's wedding. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous. 

I can't wait! It's one of the "things" I am most looking forward to the wedding. 

As I've been planning the wedding I feel like I'm planning a party....just a really big one :) And I hope our friends really enjoy it. I can't wait to say my vows. I can't wait to celebrate afterwards with the people in the world who mean the most to me. And I can't wait to have all of those amazing moments captured in photographs.

ah! 3 weeks from tomorrow. :) Can you tell I'm getting excited?! I think that now that school is almost over it's starting to sink in. It's a lovely feeling :)

1 comment:

beth said...

so exciting
lydia will take such beautiful photographs of your day