*Wooden coffee table: $20
*TV cabinet: $30
*Having a furnished living room and dining room to call our own: Priceless :)
All of our big furniture has been bought! God has been so very kind. All of the above is secondhand which is just fine for us! So eco-friendly... And wallet-friendly ;) There's a great satisfaction in knowning that we've found good pieces for our home without spending beyond our means. What a blessing!!
Mrs. Poe found the table and chairs at a yard sale for $15. With some paint, fabric, and hard work, she and Nathan transformed them. The seats are covered with green and white fabric. I think they have a cute shabby chic look!

We found the coffee table and tv cabinet at yard sales in Bristow yesterday. The coffee table was at the second house we went too and it's in perfect condition save one knick. It matches the furniture that I have in my bedroom that will also go in the front of the apartment. Nathan has already put it too good use :)

I love light wood furniture, especially oak, and I think it goes great with our beach theme. Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn both have beach themed collections with great items, but I like the challenge of improvising while staying within our budget.
We saw the tv stand and another house awhile later, but we thought it wouldn't fit in the room, so we left it. When we got back to the apartment, Nathan measured it, and we were wrong! So Nathan decided we'd go back and it was still there! A few hours later! And today when Nathan went to pick it up, the man sold it to us for $10 below what he had originally asked for!

We are so grateful to have almost all of our furniture. Our place is starting to look like a home :) Now if only I could write papers and pack simultaneously.....

No comments:
Post a Comment