I got to talk to Jeffrey! I can't express how much joy I felt when I heard his voice on the phone! It took everything within me not to burst into tears. I was sitting at a table with a classmate in the J.C. at Mason. Knowing that Jeffrey would be upset if I started crying and that I was surrounded by strangers helped me to keep it together. I felt such a relief as if a burden had been lifted from me. It was so sweet to know that he is not injured and doing well. He told me some things that he wanted me to send and we talked a little bit about what's been going on there. We also talked about our new house and I told me that I will have a guest room ready for him when he gets home :)
I love my little brother so much. And I am so incredibly proud of him. His company has sacrificed their safety and their comfort... including basic necessities like food and water at times. 2 boys within his company died and Jeffrey was close to one of them. It's incredibly sobering and breaks my heart to think about. It also makes me feel ashamed for how I take for granted our freedom and so often voice my opinions without even thinking about why I have the right to voice them.
I am praying for the families of the two boys who lost their lives. Their families have also sacrificed much for freedom's sake. I hope that you will pray with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment