Monday, April 5, 2010

#42: Swallowed in a Sea

We are moved in to our new home :) There are boxes everywhere, and we have a few things to pick up from some other houses, but we are mostly in our new house :) After last Thursday, we were able to paint the whole living room and kitchen. Thanks to Mom Poe for all of her help! Our living room is now painted a light blue (Tropical Breeze) and cream (Caribbean Walk) while our kitchen is a light green (Summer Rapture). I love the colours! They are so cheerful and a little whimsical.

We had so much help as we moved in on Saturday! Our helpers were very quick. I was amazed at how much stuff we had! We filled up a 17ft. Uhaul to the brim plus the trunks of a few other cars. I never felt crowded in our apartment and I can't figure out where we put all of our things! With things in boxes in various rooms of the house, it feels like it won't all fit, but I'm sure that with patience and diligence everything will have it's own place.

I will now add March 31st to my list of days to remember as the day we bought our first home!
March 30th marked our 3rd year as a couple. 3 years ago I couldn't have imagined that we would be married for almost a year and in our first home. March 29th was our 10 month wedding anniversary too :) "God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame."

We have a lot of projects for the house ahead. It's hard to focus on school when I see boxes to unpack. Over the next 5 weeks of school I have:
*2 group presentations
*1 report of a learning assessment
*a report of my 10 hours of observing ESL classrooms
*observe 5 hrs and write a report
*Create a 5 day lesson plans

Lately I've felt as though I'm struggling in a sea of things to do. The more I fight it, the harder it is to breathe. If I would just relax and rest in the Lord, I know I will eventually float to the surface. Oh Lord, give me strength! I've sort of hit a bump in the road health-wise. I think that all of the stress of moving, work, school and Jeffrey being in Afghanistan have taken it's toll. It feels like I've taken a few steps backward in my progress and as a whole I haven't felt well lately, but God is faithful and has carried me through each day.

Praying for continued grace! And very much looking forward to my vacation!

No comments: