Monday, March 16, 2009

#12: The Peaches


Last night Nathan and I had dinner with our friends Jewel and Jason. They have recently moved into a new apartment, so we went over to see it. It was lovely! Great decorating Jewel!! Jewel also made us a wonderful dinner with great food that I could eat! We laughed, talked politics, watched SNL skits, and listened to samples of wedding reception dance music :) We love this couple dearly. We also prayed for their upcoming trip to Haiti this weekend. If you think of them, please be praying for their safety on this trip and that God will strengthen them and give them much grace. 

Jewel and Jason return the day of my bridal shower, so Jewel wanted to give us our gift last night. They gave us this antique looking clock that we had registered for at Target. We really liked it and I'm so happy we have it! And then they gave us another gift.
and it was this:

ahhh!!! ohmygoodnessgracious! I don't remember a time I've been so shocked or excited from a present! 

A little background info: about a month ago I posted a link on etsy for this typewriter because I thought it was so lovely. I love love love vintage things, including old cameras and typewriters. I never ever thought I'd ever be able to buy a typewriter like this! I thought it would always be one of those things I'd admire from afar. 

So, imagine my shock when I opened the box! Jewel had said it was from etsy, so I was expecting something handmade that she had bought from a seller. Evidently, when she saw the link she knew she wanted to buy it for me, and purchased it a few days later. I screamed when I saw it was the typewriter...and I think I scared Jewel just a little bit :) Nathan kept teasing me and saying how he'd never seen me so excited...about anything. Usually when I'm really excited I have no idea what to say. I was so shocked that all I could do was squeal with delight! I'm still amazed at how kind they were to get this for us. I LOVE it and all of it's vintage green gloriousness :)

I did some research online this morning on the typewriter. We knew that it was a Remington (no...it does not transform into a gun...) and discovered that it was manufactured during the early 1930's and was sold by Sears and Roebuck. Isn't it lovely? 

                  

Thank you Jewel and Jason for a wonderful evening and for the beautiful gifts! Thank you for getting me something like this just to bless me. We love you both dearly and we will be praying fervently for you while you are on your trip. Thank you for sacrificially serving the Lord. We can't wait to hear about the trip when you return. [hug!]
    

No comments: