Tuesday, February 17, 2009

#2: Love Let's Live


Psalm 139:13-16
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

As I was looking at pictures of my new nephew Riyon, I began thinking about abortion and I was overwhelmed with sadness. Riyon is so little...but every little inch of him is filled with life...precious God-given life. So many babies in our country never experience life outside of the womb. I can't wait to see what God has planned for Riyon's life. 

There is a blog that I read called, We the Posterity, that boldly faces the issue of abortion in our country. It is challenging and it calls us not to take this issue lightly. Another compelling website is by an organization called Abort73.

 My friend Jewel inspires me because she is so passionate about the sanctity of life and she uses her talent as a photographer to speak out against abortion. I love how unashamed she is in her convictions. 

I love this video as well:


To close, I am going to wish my friend Jonny a Happy Birthday! Today we celebrate your life :)

3 comments:

jonny said...

This is good. I thought about doing something bloggish myself, but couldn't think of anything creative. I will check back in as often as I remember

Thanks for everything.

You're a good friend

Nathan said...

Thank you so much for putting up this content. This topic is so important and so sad as well.

I love you

Jewel C Peach said...

:: this is beautiful. i am glad to read these things and i am encouraged by what you said about me. love. peace.