Thursday:
Nathan and I began our search for a new caregroup and we visited one with our friends Jewel and Jason Peach. Jason is Nathan's best friend and is going to be his best man, and Jewel and I have gotten increasingly closer the past few years and she is going to be one of my bridesmaids. It was wonderful to spend time with them!
Friday:
*I met Mrs. Poe at the florist and we picked out the flowers for all of the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. Callas, alstroemeria, roses, tulips, freesias, and queen anne's lace, oh my!
*After the florist, I called my boy and we met up for lunch. We originally thought we wouldn't be able to see each other that day, but God was kind and it was lovely :)
*I had my second alterations for my wedding dress. I was thrilled with what the seamstress had done. Another glimpse of God's kindness.
*My wonderful friend Erin picked me up and we went to Starbucks. We had a lot of fun just talking. It's what we do best :) I love her dearly.
Saturday:
*We have an apartment!! We signed the lease to an apartment in Centreville. God blessed us with a reasonable rent with many discounts and waived fees. The apartment also has many of the details that I wanted: lots of natural light, open space, separate dining room area, walk through kitchen, walk-in closet, space in bathroom... We are so excited to have a home...just for the two of us :) Let the decorating begin!
Sunday:
*After church Nathan and I had our second session of pre-marital counseling with the Jordes. The provided lunch for us at their house, which was so kind. They have been so encouraging to us, and we are so grateful to be able to meet with them!
*Nathan and I went to Target and bought cleaning supplies so that we could clean our apartment. It felt a little surreal knowing we were buying things for OUR place...and who knew that stuff cost so much?! I think I should give gift baskets of cleaning supplies at bridal showers!
*The lady who is making our cake came over to discuss the design. She made my sister's cake and Jewel's cake. I was friends with her daughter in high school. It was a lot of fun and we are so blessed that she is going to make it!
*Over Saturday and Sunday I worked on completing my application to Mason's Graduate School of Education. The hardest part of the application for me was to write my goal's statement...it is supposed to be between 750-1,000 words...and I had written a little over 1,400. C'mon Mason! Some teachers make me write multiple pages on one detail of a short story...and now I'm supposed to write the reasons for what I want to do with my life in a page and a half?! God was gracious, and with the help of mom and Nathan, I was able to cut it down to 998 words. Sunday night I sent the application in. Please be praying that I would be accepted, and if I'm not, that God would show me which path to take.
Today:
*I drove to Mason to drop off my letters of recommendation. Now I just have to wait...patiently :)
*I picked up my wedding ring at the jewelers. It was too big when we bought it, so we had to have it resized. The ring is so beautiful...and far more than I deserve, but Nathan wanted me to have it. Thank you love!
So many things this weekend had to do with growing up: wedding stuff, an apartment, grad school.... It's all happening so fast, I don't think it's really sinking in yet. I love that in the whirlwind of it all, God is directing my steps. In 95 days I will begin a new chapter in my life and there is so much peace in knowing that God has led me there, and that in the midst of all the changes, His faithfulness will remain.
Psalm 16:5-6
You are my chosen portion and my cup. You hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places.
Indeed I have a beautiful inheritance.

1 comment:
:: :) i heart this post.
Post a Comment