Our house doesn't have a closet on the main level for coats and such, so we looked on ikea and saw a coat rack and shoe rack that we liked. We found them and put them to good use!
At our apartment we had a really big walk-in closet. REALLY big. It doubled as our storage room and clothes closet. We had kept Nathan's dresser in there as well. Our closet in our bedroom now is too small for his dresser and we didn't want to take up more wall space. We looked on Ikea and saw a closet clothes organizer that we thought might work. We checked it out, bought it, and I'm so happy that it was just what we needed :) His dresser is now in the guest room waiting to be painted.
To save floor space in our closet, we had thought about buying vertical laundry hampers. We saw these at Ikea and have really liked them so far! Our washer and dryer are on the bottom floor so the handles are really nice for carrying the hampers up and down the stairs. For such a low price they are pretty sturdy and have proven to be a great deal so far!


I had been thinking about buying small Bell jars to keep some of my little craft supplies in. I saw these as we were walking around and thought they would do just as well! And for about a 1/3 of the price too!
I get to have a little section of our basement as my craft area and I am very much looking forward to it! I can't wait to have a desk with these little jars filled :) I am also planning on making 2 small chalkboards and 2 small bulletin boards to put over the desk.
I also bought these to organize my magazines and my craft paper. I am planning on covering them with some paper once I figure out my color scheme for the space. Whatever I choose, it has to match my beautiful Roman Holiday poster :)

Slowly but surely our home is coming together :) I'm really looking forward to working on it this summer!

1 comment:
Ikea is so fun! Living 5 minutes away is a little dangerous. ;> I've been buying those same magazine holders for about a year now and cover them with paper. It works wonderfully and they turn out so cute. It's funny, back when you got married I was actually planning to make a few for you as a wedding/housewarming gift, but procrastination got the better of me. :>
Post a Comment